|Note to self: take better pictures...|
I started with a $3 Walmart shirt that didn't look very flattering for some reason, and turned it into something I like! Here's a tute for those who are interested!
1) Begin with your blah Walmart shirt, or any other fitted, jersey top.
|So blah, it blends in with the carpet.|
3) Turn your shirt inside out, lay the paper on the front side of the shirt, and trace around it once you are satisfied with its position. I'm a bit lazy and ghetto, so I just used ballpoint pen.
4) Using a straightedge of some sort, draw lines horizontally across your heart. I put mine about half an inch apart. You can do whatever you want, just remember that too narrow risks breakage and too wide loses the design.
5) Carefully cut along your horizontal lines.
6) Turn the shirt inside out. Put on a tank top or cami (I used purple because it's my favorite color, and it makes an awesome pun, har har), then pull the shirt on over it. Done!
Also, I was brilliant enough to toss this into the laundry. Thankfully, instead of eating my shirt, the dryer actually kind of crinkled and pulled at the strips making up the heart. I wasn't digging how solid the strips still looked after I cut them, so this was a lucky accident for me! But in the future, I think I might hang dry this baby. I don't want it to fall to pieces on me.
Until next time!